Bacon and Cheddar Scones
Fisher Nuts was not a site I usually thought of for recipes but they have some great ones there! Be sure to click here or on the photo above to go directly to this recipe on their site. While you are there, check out some of the other recipes that are there for you. I just include the summary in case, for some reason, the site is down when I am going to make them.
Makes 16 scones.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped Fisher Chef's Naturals Pecan Halves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with hands or fork until mixture resembled coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, green onions, pecans, black pepper and bacon.
- Add cream and stir until dough forms. Be careful not to overwork.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and press until it holds together.
- Flatten into 2 circles, about 7 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges with a sharp knife.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving a little space between each wedge.
- Bake 22-23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.