I found Averie Cooks while doing a search for blueberry recipes. I immediately tried one of them and went back for more! LOL Averie Cooks is great for really explaining things that even someone that "can't cook" can actually follow her directions and make something that looks and tastes great! For the full recipe and instructions, please click here or on the photo above. I am only including my summary in case something happens and the site is not up when I get ready to start baking.
8 generous slices
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (don't thaw frozen ones)
1/3 cup jam (favorite flavor)
3 tablespoons sugar (for sprinkling)
Buttery Vanilla Glaze:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup+ confectioners' sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch round baking pan with floured spray or grease and flour pan.
- In large bowl, momentarily mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda to incorporate.
- Add egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla and beat on medium-low for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides and beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Using a spoon, make about 15 teaspoon-sized mounds.
- Using a table knife, marble the jam into the batter
- Cover top with blueberries and sprinkle with the 3 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until set and toothpick comes out clean. Tent edges with foil if browning too quickly.
- Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Cool right side up.
- Make glaze:
- Melt butter in microwave, about 45 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Whisk and gradually add more confectioners' sugar until desired consistency.
- Generously drizzle glaze over completely cooled cake.
Listed Under Recipe Categories