You can find the original recipe here on Averie Cooks. You definitely want to visit that page to get so many more details about baking this. Whenever I make this, it is always a big hit here. I have even prepared mini muffins with this and they were heavenly! This is definitely a fantastic site to visit for more recipes!
Makes 1 8x8 pan
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
pinch of salt (optional)
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups frozen blueberries
confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8x8 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, sour cream, oil and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry and lightly mix with spoon or spatula.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.
Listed Under Recipe Categories
Blueberries, Buttermilk, Cake