Easy Eggroll Recipe
Moms Need to Know has so many great recipes that I am sure you will be seeing me share more and more of them. One of the things we love to eat are egg rolls. They could be an entire meal here and these look delicious! Click here or on the photo above to get the full recipe and directions. I am only including the summary here in case, for some reason, their website is down when I am going to make them!
Makes 14 Egg Rolls
14 Egg Roll Wrappers
3/4 pound pork sausage or ground pork
4 cups coleslaw mix
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 egg yolks, beaten slightly
Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking up well until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pan.
- Stir in coleslaw mix, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, water chestnuts, green onion, garlic, ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Saute until cabbage is starting to wilt but do not let it get mushy.
- Position an egg roll wrapper with one point towards you.
- Top egg roll wrapper with about 1/4 cup of the filling you have just made.
- Fold bottom corner over filling and tuck under filling.
- Gently fold the sides over the filling. Roll towards remaining point.
- Moisten top corner and any other loose areas with beaten egg yolk and press to seal.
- Heat deep fat fryer (or oil in heavy skillet) to 375 degrees F.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet and sour sauce. (See egg roll dipping sauce recipe.)
Chinese, Pork, Sausage