Taste of Home has so many great recipes. You can click here to see this recipe (or on the picture above). Be sure to check out their other recipes while you are there! This site is a landmine for making my mouth water! I only include a brief summary here, in case their site happens to be down when I want to cook! Enjoy your visit there!
6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 carrots, chopped
6 celery ribs, chopped
8 cups water
1 onion, chopped
6 tablespoons butter, cubed
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- In Dutch oven, cook the potatoes, carrots and celery in the water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain (reserving liquid) and set vegetables aside.
- In same pan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually and milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Gently stir in cooked vegetables.
- Add 1 cup or more of reserved liquid until soup is desired consistency.
Listed Under Recipe Categories