Musings From a Stay at Home Mom has another great recipe I want to share with you. This Heavenly Strawberries n Cream Cake sure does look heavenly! You can click here or on the photo above to go directly to the recipe and see all her wonderful photos to guide you through the steps. She really shares some great recipes. Enjoy your visit there!
6 eggs, separated
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
16-ounce carton heavy whipping cream (more if you want to decorate)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Separate eggs and put the egg whites in a large bowl. (Room temperature egg whites whips them up better).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar until thick and lemon colored.
- Slowly pour in lemon juice, oil and water.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add it to yolk mixture.
- Stir until mixed. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy peaks form.
- Take a couple big spoonfuls of the egg whites and fold into yolk mixture.
- Gently spoon into 20" tube pan, smooth the top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. The top will be nicely browned.
- Immediately turn cake upside down and let it cool completely.
- Whipped topping:
- In large bowl, beat heavy whipping cream on medium-high until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Run knife out sides and center of pan; remove cake from pan.
- Split cake into 3 horizontal layers.
- Place one layer on serving plate and top with whipped topping and thin layer of sliced strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Spread whipped topping on top and sides of cake and decorate with sliced strawberries as desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers!
Listed Under Recipe Categories