Home-Style Beef Stew
The original posting for Home-Style Beef Stew can be found on the Walmart website. Be sure to visit the highlighted link to visit and see the full recipe. I just share a summary here, in case, for some reason, the recipe disappears from their site. I don't know why, but I rarely think of stores like Walmart having great recipes, but I know I find many that make my mouth just water!
1 pound beef eye round roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock - Beef
2 cups water
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups baby red potatoes, halved
3 carrots, cut into 1" slices
- Coat beef with the flour and brown in oil in 4-quart saucepan.
- Remove beef from pot and set aside.
- Cook onions and garlic in saucepan until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in beef stock, water, Worcestershire sauce and beef.
- Bring to a boil then reduce temperature and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots and simmer another 40 minutes.