Italian Cheese Bread
I found the recipe for Italian Cheese Bread on My Daily Moments. Sometimes just looking at a picture makes you hungry. They do a great presentation here and I know wandering around their site definitely gets me hungry.
2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
1 cup margarine
6 large eggs
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 pound Swiss cheese
1/4 pound sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Dissolve yeast in one cup warm water.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine until fluffy.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs until light.
- Add eggs to margarine, blending well.
- Stir in dissolved yeast water.
- Sift flour, salt and sugar together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat until satiny.
- Cut Swiss and cheddar into one-inch cubes.
- Stir Swiss, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses into mixture.
- Place dough in a greased 4-quart glass mixing bowl.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Stir with spoon, cover again and let rise again until doubled.
- Grease 10-inch tube pan.
- Gently stir dough down and pour into prepared pan.
- Let rise again until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, lift bread out by tube and cool another 20 minutes.