I found the recipe for these Mini Corn Dog Muffins on Hip2Save. These are always a hit whenever I make them. They are so easy. Usually I end up making a double batch and freezing some up individually so that it is easy to heat them up for lunch! Definitely go and check out the recipe on their site and see all the easy steps. Remember, my post here is just a simple summary.
Makes about 36 mini muffins.
1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1" slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs
- Add buttermilk and continue to whisk together.
- In separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 2 batches.
- Spray mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
- Add hot dog piece to each cup.
- Bake 8-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in muffin tin before serving.
Listed Under Recipe Categories
Buttermilk, Hot Dogs