Root Beer Float Cupcakes
You truly need to click here or on the picture above to visit Musings From a Stay at Home Mom and check out this recipe (and many others). My summary will just not do you justice - LOL I am pretty sure she will never disappear but here is the summary just in case.
1 golden yellow cake mix + ingredients according to package directions
2 tablespoons root beer extract, divided
16 ounces heavy cream
1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mix cake mix according to directions, adding 1 tablespoon of root beer extract.
- Divide batter into 24 lined cupcake tins.
- Bake according to cake mix directions.
- Cool completely.
- Beat heavy cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add remaining root beer extract and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat until thick and it's frosting consistency.
- Frost and store in refrigerator.