This recipe come from the Taste of Home Cooking School. If you like recipes, this is definitely a site you want to visit often! Click here or on the picture above to go directly to the recipe on their site. Remember, I only include a brief summary here, without all the tips and guidance, in case their site is down for some reason when I want to make this!
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups half and half cream
3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture.
- Cook and stir 3-4 minutes until heated through.
Listed Under Recipe Categories