Cookie Press Spritz Cookies
These make about 12 dozen or so (depending on which design you choose). These are always a hit so the large batch gets eaten (and shared) easily!
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup shortening (or 8 ounces of cream cheese)
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour (3-1/2 cups if you opted to use the cream cheese)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, shortening or cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
- Add in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add in the flour.
- Fill press and shoot the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.