Cream Cheese Mints
These are so easy and so delicious! For me, they taste like the York Peppermint patties without the chocolate. I am a big chocolate lover so for me to say I love them without the chocolate is a big deal.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar. Add the peppermint extract. Mix well until smooth.
- Take rounded teaspoon-size amounts of mixture and roll them into some extra powdered sugar and roll into balls.
- Place balls on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Dip the tines of a fork in powdered sugar and press lightly into each ball.
- Allow to dry to about 2 hours and then flip each patty over.
- Let dry for another hour or so.
- Makes about 4-5 dozen patties, depending on the size you choose.